Day 5
Today is supposed to be the day Brayden gets to go home. His spirits are low and he is tired of being here. I can't imagine being one of these families spending weeks or months in a hospital.
The chemo causes jaw pain, which is bothering him despite the tylenol with codeine they have been giving him. Eating and brushing his teeth hurt, as does just sitting still sometimes. He isn't getting great sleep because the steroids make him have to pee every couple of hours, and between helping with that and the occasional nurse who hasn't figured out how to put their nighttime hands on, mom isn't getting much sleep either. His eyes are puffy and so is the rest of him, also from the steroids. However, he has become a pro pill taker, for what that is worth. It's much better than the traumatic days of liquid meds and the screaming and tears that came with them. So, that is a plus.
He dealt well with the longer chemo treatment yesterday. His cheat hurt a little last night and his tummy isn't trouble free, but no reactions or severe side effects, which is a good sign. They say they can develop reactions later even if they had none previously, but we will keep our fingers crossed that yesterday's results carry on throughout the rest of the treatments, big and small.
We haven't seen the doctor yet, so I will update a bit more later. I wanted to share the picture, now... since it was one of the few smiles I could earn this morning. He never turns down a picture. :)

April 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM
What a brave little guy! Please let him know that I'm thinking of him. And know that you are on my mind as well. Praying, praying, praying!
April 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Thank you so much! It means so much to have him in everyone's thoughts and prayers. He is the bravest kid I know. :)